so a couple of months ago, I agreed to make a T-shirt quilt for a Christmas gift to Skylar from her parents -- Skylar is a former intern/employee/part of the crew -- who moved on to the City and a job with the Department of Revenue ....

Skylar and Nick were best buds ....
excuse the mess -- the busy season is quickly approaching
Skylar is a HUGE Minnesota Lynx fan -- HUGE -- season ticket holder HUGE ... never misses a game HUGE .. her Mom had saved a bunch of T-shirts and towels ...
I went to my stash for the block sashing -- and found the batik for the borders at JoAnn Fabrics -- the hardest part -- making those damn shirts lay flat -- some of the shirts were a bit used and very well loved -- and even with the "t-shirt" interfacing -- they wanted to move a bit. I quilted in an all over swirl (the only thing I do well) ... and avoided the vinyl on the logo's ... I want it back after the holidays to do some hand quilting around the logos .. that should flatten it out a bit ... it's about 72" by 72" ..
I know the kid will love it !
edited on Friday so I could link up with Crazy Mom Quilts -- Finish it up Friday!
edited on Friday so I could link up with Crazy Mom Quilts -- Finish it up Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment