my custom quilting project is done. DONE.
During the drama of Friday night I slabbed together the "rows" ...
Early Saturday morning -- it became a top and I cut out the borders and binding (early early -- 5:00am) -- Saturday night the borders went on and the long arm was loaded
and early yesterday (4:30 am) .. the quilting commenced and ended -- it's about 72" square and I quilted it with an all over swirl (what else) .. in a light gray Aurifil -- it really didn't take much more than an hour .... trimmed 'er up .... and last night before and after supper the binding went on ... it's washed/dried and ready for Santa to gift -- looking at it this morning -- I might want it back to add some more quilting --
my Bernina sewing space really isn't set up for large scale .. did some table movement to make that happen ... and since I'm not going to WORK on Christmas eve -- I think I'll re-arrange my sewing/crafty space ... and perhaps purge a few things ...
pictures to follow -- after it's gifted ....
During the drama of Friday night I slabbed together the "rows" ...
Early Saturday morning -- it became a top and I cut out the borders and binding (early early -- 5:00am) -- Saturday night the borders went on and the long arm was loaded
and early yesterday (4:30 am) .. the quilting commenced and ended -- it's about 72" square and I quilted it with an all over swirl (what else) .. in a light gray Aurifil -- it really didn't take much more than an hour .... trimmed 'er up .... and last night before and after supper the binding went on ... it's washed/dried and ready for Santa to gift -- looking at it this morning -- I might want it back to add some more quilting --
my Bernina sewing space really isn't set up for large scale .. did some table movement to make that happen ... and since I'm not going to WORK on Christmas eve -- I think I'll re-arrange my sewing/crafty space ... and perhaps purge a few things ...
pictures to follow -- after it's gifted ....
No comments:
Post a Comment