I shared these two quilts on the Diva facebook page and took an informal poll on which one I should attempt to construct. Well I liked the one below (me and two others) everyone else liked the one above. I'm going to compromise ..
and make the upper one with fabrics similar to the lower one -- I went to the stash and found 2 jelly rolls of pink, cranberry, red batiks and one of greens .. and a few flat folds of the various colors ... the lights and whites are going to be snows, beige and tonals (also the stash).
I sat down at the computer and drafted the block/quilt via Excel. Yes, I am weird but it works. It's just a simple 2" log cabin pattern ... color placement is going to be the challenge and once the strips are cut/sorted it will go fast ...
the rest of the holiday was spent at work. yep, the office -- things got done!



No comments:
Post a Comment