there are people in my life that --- even though a bit challenged -- make me a better person. I have this client named, Tom/Dick/Harry/Gary -- who has mental health challenges -- I think it's ADD or Aspbergers -- I really don't care or need to know -- but he has challenges. He's kind of a hoot once you understand his issues and his way of thinking.
I don't think he's ever held a job. 64ish. Never.held.a.job. He's smart -- it is just the other stuff can get in the way -- no family left -- he used to mow the lawn and measure it out with a ruler .... it was precise.
He told me at his tax appointment he was moving the Arizona to some property he purchased "on the internet" -- ok. He's been buying and selling deed certificates for a couple of years -- mostly in Iowa and Arizona. The tax appointment is interesting. He's worn the same coat / layers for the last 10 years -- broken zippers, missing buttons etc. Unwashed layers. A couple of years ago I bought him a new sweatshirt and anonymously left it at his door .. I've never seen it -- I'm hoping he gave it to someone who needed it more than he....
He stopped in yesterday -- he drove a van with all his worldly possessions to Arizona in April to move into this property -- he was a bit cagey about where he was living -- the van died after he arrived and it was "too expensive" to fix. He took a Greyhound bus to Minneapolis and then the Land to Air Service to St Peter and was staying in the motel. The purpose of the trip -- was "to get my mail."
I stopped at the Food Coop for milk this morning and he was waiting for the Land to Air bus for a lift back to Minneapolis to catch the Greyhound back to Arizona -- "do you think they will take cash?" .. my head has been spinning ever since.
He was standing there with one suitcase, a hooded sweatshirt and a hat -- I'm guessing it was all he had left for possessions. My heart worries.
Life is short -- eat the cake, take the vacation and worry about the characters that make our lives better ... they need us too.
I don't think he's ever held a job. 64ish. Never.held.a.job. He's smart -- it is just the other stuff can get in the way -- no family left -- he used to mow the lawn and measure it out with a ruler .... it was precise.
He told me at his tax appointment he was moving the Arizona to some property he purchased "on the internet" -- ok. He's been buying and selling deed certificates for a couple of years -- mostly in Iowa and Arizona. The tax appointment is interesting. He's worn the same coat / layers for the last 10 years -- broken zippers, missing buttons etc. Unwashed layers. A couple of years ago I bought him a new sweatshirt and anonymously left it at his door .. I've never seen it -- I'm hoping he gave it to someone who needed it more than he....
He stopped in yesterday -- he drove a van with all his worldly possessions to Arizona in April to move into this property -- he was a bit cagey about where he was living -- the van died after he arrived and it was "too expensive" to fix. He took a Greyhound bus to Minneapolis and then the Land to Air Service to St Peter and was staying in the motel. The purpose of the trip -- was "to get my mail."
I stopped at the Food Coop for milk this morning and he was waiting for the Land to Air bus for a lift back to Minneapolis to catch the Greyhound back to Arizona -- "do you think they will take cash?" .. my head has been spinning ever since.
He was standing there with one suitcase, a hooded sweatshirt and a hat -- I'm guessing it was all he had left for possessions. My heart worries.
Life is short -- eat the cake, take the vacation and worry about the characters that make our lives better ... they need us too.
No comments:
Post a Comment