I spent a chunk of Wednesday afternoon on Swan Lake -- it was awesome. Undeveloped and unspoiled -- I don't think I've truly understood the beauty of that pothole. That 10,000 acre pothole. Since the lake is high -- we had access to bays that are sometimes cut off. There are little or no fish in Swan -- it is a waterfowl/wildlife watershed/management area. the water is clear -- at the 8' depth I could still see the bottom.
We didn't see a lot of ducks/geese -- I saw a swan! terns! ducks! yellow headed blackbirds. We were the only people on the lake -- because it is so shallow -- it needs a go-devil style motor to power thru the weeds, rushes and cattails.
There are simply no words to describe the beauty .. it was perfect weather which added to the experience ...
I can't wait to go back ....




No comments:
Post a Comment