I'm not a selfie taker ... but I found this on the surface pro ...
I left the office at 8:00 pm -- 14 hours after I arrived .. it's light out, it's warm out and it's time for less work ... we've been busting and crushing out "stuff" for 15 months and it's time for us. The income tax seasons that have never ended -- need to end. If it isn't done by now, it's going to be extended. Need to calculate some rough estimates for extension payments and then I'm done. I do have a zillion returns that need to be transmitted and I will be tracking those clients down over the next 48 hours --
Dave H walked over for lunch yesterday when TR was down. We got to visit about a heap of things -- and his comment about the PPP /EIDL support work we did, have done and continue to do -- resonated with me -- hours of UNBILLABLE work -- by statute accountants and accounting firms were not allowed to charge for those services -- the lenders were to "share" their 5% underwriting fees with the support people -- haven't seen a dime. -- I would do it all again for my clients -- but I'm a little irked at the banks .. it was a lot of work. Ditto the 1200 and rising questions regarding the EIP or stimulus payments -- they never seem to go away.
We still don't have clarification from the State on what they are going to do -- the legislative session ends on Monday and nada -- they are chatting about it in conference but nothing has been settled. Gov. Walz lifted the mask mandate for vaccinated individuals effective tomorrow morning. I'm not sure how I feel about that. There are a lot of anti-vacc'ers out there that are still spreading germs. On the upside -- it is impressive how many of us are fully vaccinated at this point. That is and was a massive undertaking. Seriously .. the public health crews rock.
So tomorrow I get to work alone ...
1. a little copying
2. and back to the projects
3. I'll be tracking down the un-transmitted peeps and getting them transmitted (and accepted)
4. the vac will be running
5. the trash will be emptied
and then it's back to our new normal ...
sorry about the ranting ...
sometimes it makes me feel sane


No comments:
Post a Comment