so Saturday morning I got a little lucky with the camera
the hummers really seem to like our new feeders
they have a perch to rest on ...
thru the viewfinder I could really see their little hearts beating .. wowzer
and a pooping hummer ..
no, not a planned pix
must be like mice, eat and poop at the same time
finally got to the happy place ... the work continued
the boys played on the the lifts all day long
not sure why -- but a lot of futzing with them
jakers sat on the beach and supervised -- he's tethered to a cleat
he thinks the neighbors beach smells good .and that leads to
un-neighborly behavior
and as the sun was setting thru the clouds
the floating poopers floated by -- 55 of 'em
I spent the night and heard the pitter patter ( more like wind flung ) rain hit the house shortly before 5:00 am, got up at 6 -- made coffee and fell asleep in the chair for an hour .. finally at 8:30 hit the shower and hit the road for Target, yes Target
30 minutes and $ 250 later I had a full cart ..
wooden tv trays ( to re-purpose as night stands), lamps for nightstands, pillows, cocoa rug for the porch door, 3 drawer rolling cart, light bulbs, clothes hangers, cute wicker basket, toothbrushes, sunscreen, a new summer tote bag, skittles, sugar, raspberries, tea kettle ... I still needed tp, paper towel, trash bags and kleenex -- no I didn't go back in ... I ordered on line :)
I then proceeded to Mc Donalds -- after 2 months without a McD's iced coffee -- I earned it ... and a breakfast sandwich -- I miss McD's ... hopefully, construction is on schedule -- coffee and a sausage mc muffin for the commute back to Maple Drive --
Lee and Jean were installing the new ceiling fans in the porch -- yep, the porch -- when they were done, we cleaned and gathered up the trash -- it was still raining and cold ... so back in the morning -- I'm into laundry and cleaning at home ( and maybe a touch of sewing)

No comments:
Post a Comment