today is my Grandfather's Birthday -- 4/7/1907 -- # 115 and he's been gone 37 of them, I was 25 when he died -- seems like yesterday -- and then again
in the chaos of almost deadline day
Dad calls this morning -- the chemo schedule changed and we needed to get him there by 12:15 -- lots of scheduling changes lately -- protocols, schedules, planning and plotting
things are going okay for an 85 & 11 month year old guy with cancer .. but some of us don't have scheduling flexibility --- I made arrangements with a client to hang out in their conference room for a couple of hours -- well, the schedule changed and Jean is working in Mankato so she can pick him up -- I dumped ( literally) him and his backpack of gear ( tablet, charges, puzzle books, headphones and snacks ) at the door -- in the freaking snow
it will all work out -- next step is one more chemo and then comes the radiation, maybe ... still uncertain on radiation -- it's safety
all those lovely restaurants in Mankato -- and I chose Arby's ... I had a jamoca shake for lunch ... Kate and Regis held down the fort while I was gone
it's a shit show
I wish I could balance life like this
the peaks and valleys are exhausting
coffee isn't working any longer



No comments:
Post a Comment