Thursday, December 22, 2022

Blizzard Adventures - Day 1


 

this my friends is a $400 + control box for a Hiniker Snow Plow ... and well, they don't last forever .... the old one was 25 years old and outlast 3 different pickup trucks.

yesterday I was blessed with snow plow instructions from elder #1 .. thru this cancer adventure we are living (more on that later) .. he really hasn't complained about my lawn mowing skills, garden planting, fence post pounding, weed whipping skills ...  there were a couple comments about grading the road ... (thankfully I only had that project once) .. but when it comes to his snowplow and truck -- he's a bit particular ... 

so yesterday was a "ride along" .. and let me tell ya .. I'm not going up or down the neighbor lady's hill .. between the sliding, the elevation and trees to close to the mirrors - it ain't gonna happen ... 

then this morning he heads out on his own (while I was in the shower) ... I get back from checking out the office and he's looking for a phone book and has pieces in his hand.  Dr. Google got me phone numbers and the kids at Topper's Plus called back and had the parts .. off we went to Mankato we went .. 

literally over, 10 minutes to pickup and pay, back on the road for home ... it was noticeably worse in those 10/15 minutes .. no cars on 22 ... 

I'm sure I'll have more adventures tomorrow --


back to work ( in the cave ) me, the Maytag, my phone and my slow internet.


My best Christmas present -- I received shipment notification from Starlink -- my new interest service provider .. we'll see -- it certainly can't be any worse that this crap.


breathe deep, breathe deep .. this too shall pass -- because next Saturday it will be 40' -- 40 glorious degrees!!!!






No comments: