Saturday, October 25, 2008

Putting the patch to bed




So, I put things to bed this morning. No more market and today was a busy day. Zipped thru the squash and found another bushel of acorns. Picked 2 bushel of birdhouse/basket gourds -- dumped them (literally) under a tree for winter -- they may or may not dry out. I also pulled all of my row marker flags -- one last walking of the patch. It's a sorry sight up close and personal but it's time for change. Next year's patch is going to be located at the bottom of the hill (next to the irrigation well and the woods (oh joy!! more deer!!)).
I did grab my camera and shot up a bunch of pix....more to come tomorrow. Evidently Nick's deer cam caught me in action picking up flags and cruising around in my cool work wheels. My choice of wardrobe this morning wasn't appropriate for the camera. Oh well.
Diva M


No comments: