the campaign ... to re-elect me to my County Commissioner Seat. Yep, 2 years and due to redistricting at the federal, Minnesota and City level, I have a short term and am re-running for another 4 year term.
to be perfectly honest -- I like everything about the gig, except the campaigning -- I'm not an "I" person I'm more of a "we" person. and the we's of the world don't really do a good job of selling themselves. so ...
due to the popularity of my district -- 2 other individuals seem to want the gig too -- so there needs to be a primary election, which is what it is. expensive. lots of chit chat and what not ... I don't to yard signs -- they are ugly -- I've been referring to them as "sight pollution" -- not to mention expensive .... getting elected is not about what you spend, rather -- who you are and what you can get accomplished. I think over the last 1 1/2 years a lot has been done but there is a whole lot more to do!
the scraping diva's assisted with the stuffing, stamping & prepping of 1,200 flyers on friday night. It went fast & smooth -- diva's get the job done. a little wine, a little snacking and a whole lot of chatting ... thanks ladies .....
so, if you are in my district, I'd appreciate your vote! I always try to do my best! See now I can sound like a politician ...
Marie
1 comment:
Has it really been two years already?
Post a Comment