Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I've always wanted to .....

see the space shuttle take off or land .... and well, it's another thing on my bucket list that will never happen.   Cousin Gordon sent his weekly email of jokes & notables and he had 15 pictures of the space shuttle in them .... are they cool or what ....

I bet if you are over the age of 40 -- you know where you were and what you were doing when the Challenger went down (or didn't go up) .....

I was at Arlington Cemetery in Washington DC the day the astronauts were laid to rest .... the visitor center/guides didn't tell us at the time ... just that "dignitary's" were being interred and to "please allow them their privacy ....  horse drawn caissons delivered the caskets -- and the President (ya, Ronald Reagan) was there --- we didn't know it at the time -- a lot of men in black suits were wandering around.  


amazing, simply cool. 


No comments: