I kinda prepped on Thursday Night .... cut my strips and attempted a layout. I have a unusual large number of expecting parents in my future so I've been whipping out baby quilts. For this one, I just grabbed pink and green chucks from my scrap tub, cut them into varing widths -- and then try to get the entire quilt to be at least 38" wide and 50 " long .... (or in that range).
after a bit -- the strips became a top
and an hour later -- a pressed, layered, basted ready to quilt baby girl quilt! The last couple of similar quilts, I quilted fairly dense straight lines ... where ever my mood takes me.
I wasn't in the mood to "quilt" my sandwich so I moved on to project #2
I picked up a "scrap bag" on Ebay -- lovely, shopping spot for those of us in rural america! I trimmed up my strips ... scrap bags are fun - you never know the widths ....
and a giant log cabin is in the works ... I'd spin this pix around .... but it's way beyond my skill level!
So I had a productive Friday night. I'm off to work and my Saturday night will be spent back at the Bernina! ... Got to get that baby girl quilt quilted ... lots of new babies coming this winter!
Many thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting! Hit the button on the sidebar and check out the rest of the great Friday Night Stitchers ....
Thanks for stopping in --- check back in the upcoming weeks to see the other "3" I need to make!
Marie





2 comments:
Great things for FNSI. I know some of those scraps too. I think my mum went mad and bought 4 jelly rolls of it and now she is wondering what to do with the last two lol. Really four of the same thing is just a little too much.
I also have that red, white and blue scrap bag. Great projects.
Post a Comment