Saturday, August 30, 2014

friday adventures

so after pondering the crappy month of August -- my August is generally calm and restful and August 2014 has been just the opposite. 

I picked up supper and headed to the farm ... them Mom and I had a little adventure we  ...

 
drove up the patch and on the way it started to rain rather than mist .... but ... anyway .... the first watermelon of 2014 !!!!  It is pretty darn tasty .....not sure of the variety but it is an early one.

 
2014 selfie ... thankfully I don't do this often -- but I was lucky -- had a couple of plastic rain ponchos in the door pockets of the truck .... ya -- handy buggers.
 
We checked on Jean who was busy canning tomatoes ... then
 
We headed over to check on Grandma's Little Acre -- making sure the barricades were finally down and her customers could finally get to her ... since we were there we toured her gardens -- via the truck ... it was raining harder over there .... then we
 
 
delivered this wedding gift to the bride and groom from last weeks wedding -- it's been riding around in my back seat for 2 weeks.
 
Okay -- thru this entire voyage -- it was raining -- I was barefoot and had the muddiest of feet ... and my hair kept getting curlier by the minute. 
 
Today's agenda -- more rain --- must sew then.
 
 


 

No comments: