today is my grandfather's 113th birthday -- i was playing with numbers this morning, he died 35 years ago ... at 78, a couple years after their 50th wedding anniversary ...
time flies doesn't it -- seems like only yesterday -- he'd slip me $20 for gas when I was in college and things/times were tough - and was so excited when I graduated -- they both were able to attend --
I learned the art of "watermelons" under his watch -- and I learned the skill of eating the first one of the season -- in the patch (always carry a knife :) )
I can imagine the comments he and grandma would have about our current " pandemic" and state of affairs --
yesterday was a tough one -- endless, and I mean endless phone calls regarding the "stimulus" payment ( it needs to go away ) and the PPP and EIDL loans/grants. that stimulus payment is making even the nicest people greedy and I mean GREEDY --- I've never seen $1200 cure the worlds problems ... the ever changing PPP and EIDL loans -- elected officials should never assume agencies can administer programs written that vague. VAGUE ... yes I'm shouting
I put a plug out on wastebook for someone willing to do a yard clean up project --- whooyeeee ... cousin Matthew to the rescue --- ( his Dad and grandpa helped) ... looking fabulous ..
No comments:
Post a Comment