at 6:30 last night I took this shot in front of the office -- the empty street -- Tuesday nights Patrick's hosts trivia -- the jockeying for prime parking pre-event is almost as entertaining as the Saturday night Demolition Derby at the Nicollet County Fair ...
it is quiet at night -- it is quiet all day -- although the street traffic on Broadway has picked up.
Dad is busy farming and yesterday he moved from Oshawa (Middle Lake) over to Kevin's (south of Lake Emily) .... 20 miles --- and met 1 car from Middle Lake to GAC ... and only had 2 cars behind him as he went thru the intersection on 22 and 169 ... then up the hill to the Kasota corner. ( no he's not supposed to be doing that commute -- I'll be making a phone call about that -- there are certain things 85 yr old elders should and shouldn't be doing ) --- and yes, he was in the 4WD John Deere (the whopper) with the 55' digger (folded up) ...
elder #2 went to the grocery store yesterday -- no hand soap -- I suggested she refill the hand soap with dish soap and it appeared light bulbs went off -- alas -- it was Katie's suggestion yesterday -- I cannot take credit ... I went tot he $ store looking for something (!) -- good grief it was a freaking disaster -- Lisa said they had no help --- just her and one other worker and they can't keep up .... between freight in and customers .... it's tough ....

No comments:
Post a Comment