Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's Day


the lake is high again .. up a lot since Friday night -- 3" of rain .. and the predictions for the week are more and more and more rain -- Lee, Nick (and I a bit) moved it in about 7 feet .. it's a process and darn thing is heavy and doesn't roll very well


I have admit -- these holidays are rough - I thought they might get easier - last year I was numb .. this year -- I see the pix and realize how much he struggled the summer of 2022 .. in the middle of chemo, a new hip, a fall and the weirdness of cancer treatment ... he crafted new railings for the porch stairs and the stairs down to the lake -- I caught him taking pictures of them with his tablet .. .. post pictures - we loaded them up, ate supper and drove out to install them .. and he fell asleep in the truck on the way home -- he was exhausted .. just kept pushing to get things done .. I didn't realize that at the time .. 

so thin -- and wearing warm clothes on an August day ... 
I have a lot for which to be thankful/grateful 
the life lessons are with me 

I just need to learn to ask for help when it gets overwhelming ..
I'm not very good at asking 

Happy Father's Day Dad ..
 

No comments: