Thursday, June 19, 2025

Heat blast


discovered this wastebook page -- it's a keeper 
these are the tame versions
the not so tame versions are sometimes spot on


I spent all of Wednesday as a RNDC commissioner -- a full day of listening, learning, reflecting, eating, touring -- watching the dreamers dreams come to fruition

we started the day at a soon-to-be mountain bike/adventure park in a quarry on the edge of Mankato -- I'm old and lazy so it looks like a really good place to hurt oneself -- but the mountain bike crowd is very excited -- back on the bus  -- 
off to Henderson, which is a little difficult to get to these days .. ( thank you MNDot (not) )  lunch at the Hummingbird Center -- followed by a walking tour of downtown -- lots of cool things in downtown Henderson -- (downhill walk -- followed by ice cream -- coffee with bits of fudgy brownie) .. back on the bus to Gaylord --
 up hill then flat --- toured their Food Pantry -- a super foodshelf that will be launching a mobile food unit shortly -- they are taking food to the people -- food shelf patrons are frequently the elderly and in rural america -- the elderly have transportation issues -- so Gaylord is taking food on the road -- lots of good things happening ... then back on the bus to
 Upper North --  I dashed to walgreens for batteries and iced coffee -- supper with the group and our quarterly commission meeting -- I rolled into the home garage at 8:30 ...

I whine about leaving the office and spending time on other things - but I learned a lot and am hooking up with people in the know 

tonight was lawn mowing night -- 2 1/2 hours later I'm just under 1/2 done with all of it .. the forecast is brutal so chunking off the mowing in sections is a good thing 

spent part of the afternoon attempting to fix dehumidifiers at the office -- one was froze up solid -- seriously froze up -- so it's thawing and I plugged in an older one -- that got hot and smelled -- so I muscled it to the garage (up the stairs and covered with cobwebs) -- moved the backroom one to the front side of the building and set up a fan too .. then proceeded to order another one on Amazon -- not sure if the frozen one will survive defrosting ... the goofy thing has been running for at a least 2 months ... I don't know --- I don't think like a dehumidifier .. anyway it was a process 

tomorrow is dash to Mankato to sign TDS checks ( early dash ) check out the cheep hanging baskets at HyVee ... back to work ( check out the frozen appliance ) .. go to Rosie's funeral and back to work .. I had hoped to have a cabin weekend - but the cool airconditioned house/office seems like a better idea -- we have plenty of indoor projects and work to finish up ... 



 

No comments: