seriously -- sitting in the porch at the cabin, listening to the pitter patter of rain, a rumble of thunder and the leaves falling (wind assisted) .. it's been a quiet weekend out here -- fall is the best time at the lake -- the wake boats, wave runners and water skiers have moved on ...
the culinary efforts for the weekend have included left over chicken noodle hotdish ( with crushed potato chips), broccoli salad ( broccoli, bacon, cashews - mayo dressing) on top of lettuce blend with some turkey tossed in, 4 meat pizza with leftover broccoli salad -- Friday night I baked up some " ready to bake" choc chip cookies .. they are about the size of a 50cent piece but pretty tasty for a $2 investment ... snarfing on one every time I walk by the dish.
did a little homework yesterday before we came out ( nothing better than uploaded quarterly payroll reports at 5:30am on a Saturday) .. a tax return while here and literally nothing else of any importance -- I'm on book #2 -- a spot of surfing and shopping this morning since Kohls feels the need to coupon me at 40% off and I had $40 Kohls cash burning holes in my pocket. more shoes .. can't have too many pairs of shoes ...
pondering the need to vacuum before we leave
Saturday night sunset .. always the best



No comments:
Post a Comment