Things are going well with the patient. Pain management, physical and occupational therapy are happening multiple times a day and she has exercises for sitting in the chair ..
I went in this morning hoping to catch doctors on rounds -- the ortho and hospitalist both cautioned for prepping for the long haul -- manage the pain, don't over do it and keep your bones healthy.
The summer after Dad died and I was struggling, I visited/coffee'd with a therapist client on managing grief, stress, aging -- all the hot topics that I was overwhelmed with. Sometimes coping with life and it's aftermath can be challenging. Her advice -- talk to that one person that makes a difference and/or focus on something that calms or brings joy.
So when life gets tough -- I look at the tree. Dad's tree. This isn't a current picture -- it was a cloudy day today and the solar charger that lights it up doesn't have a long charge to it. The rings have been out for a couple of weeks .. thru the health challenges and stress -- I didn't have my tree to remind me that life is life. I really needed it the last 18 days.
After the doctor visits -- I went to work and attempted to tame the out of control chaos. It's bad. 4 hours of work time later --- Then back to hospital to deliver cookies and help Mom with her supper -- she had a turkey commercial -- it smelled pretty good. Neighbor Reen was there -- she had texted concern last night because they hadn't seen us for a couple of weeks. Grateful for the village that keeps track of us.
And the big win for the day -- there was no line at the car wash -- the truck is shiny black again -- it is always the little things...

No comments:
Post a Comment