Saturday, July 11, 2026

ruffling feathers


i spied another t shirt I probably need ...
said the woman with too many clothes 


also spied this quilt this morning
love the colors

it's been a rough start to the weekend ..
Thursday night I mowed -- and butchered the lawn .. too wet too tall too much of everything
Friday night I tried to finish with I didn't get done Thursday -- raised the deck and slowed down
Weed whipped until the battery died
Watered the new trees

Today ...
1.  I went to the office and chopped burdocks before they went to seed .. 2 pickup loads of weeds await delivery to the compost pile .. burdocks chopped .. gas meter uncovered
2.  Came home to finish mowing all the "un-mowed" spots
3.  Watered the trees again  - they are looking good
4.  Mowed the spots that had clumps of grass clippings -- re-mowed-- different direction
5.  weed whipped until the battery died
6.  ordered stuff from Mom .. Kohls carries lands end and 40% discount is a steal

and somewhere in this binge I was informed I don't get enough done.  I was not a pleasant person.  I'm doing the best I can ... Frankly, I don't have 10 hours a week to mow and weed whip .. and when I do have time it is at night .. 

Friday was the 2nd time since April 15th that I left the office early -- and early was 4:00pm  I did manage to have a productive busy week at the office .. the upcoming week is loaded with County gigs so life might be a bit bumpy ..

I'm showered, tired and a bit of sunburn -- still grumpy .. deciding if I should go to work -- 7/15 deadline is approaching quickly .. and I have projects all over my desk ..



 

No comments: