editing by Diva --- I posted this last week intending to hook up with Crazy Mom's "finish it up Friday" ... well Crazy Mom has some technical difficulties and there was no linky party ... so I'm hooking up with her this week. Since last weeks post ... this quilt has been delivered to the local Hospice Committee to use for their silent auction. Let's hope it raises some big $$$'s for a wonderful program.
once upon a time ... this was on the long arm ...
after completion it sat over the summer ...
pretty blacks, limes and greys .... all from the "scrap bag" (box) I ordered last February .... with some dots and extra lime yardage tossed in ...
no pattern , no rules, just chopped up into various widths and sewed together ...added the "dots" to give it some more size ... dots for the binding too ... muslin on the back ... had some wide stuff so used it up
please ignore the weeds ...
and it turned out pretty darn cool
I'm donated it to our local Hospice to use as an auction item for their fundraising event in October ....
it even looks good in a heap on the railing ... no ghosts ... that's my foot print on the stoop ... and of course more weeds.
2 comments:
A beautiful finish for a very worthy cause. Well done Diva !
Love the colors, very cheerful and will soothe the needs. Great Job!
Post a Comment