Unilateral Vestibular Deficit ...
big words .. for an issue with my left ear -- most likely from an inner ear infection -- that I may or may not have had any symptoms ... so, the day the spinning happened it might have been veritgo -- or it might not have been vertigo.
I have homework therapy which will most likely increase the symptoms as my brain "recalibrates" itself.
It was a really informative appointment at the Dizzy and Balance Center -- I had hearing tests up the wazoo -- lots of hearing tests -- like sitting in a spinning chair while following the red dot ... in goggles -- blowing cold and warm air into my ear to recreate a floating sensation -- weird peeps, really weird. Then after a lunch break -- the physical therapist took over -- she couldn't make me dizzy -- she tried -- I stood in a harness on a moving platform and the tube around me moved ... weird ... I did loose my balance while standing on one foot -- arms crossed and my eyes closed. I'm thinking before all of this -- I would fall over then too ...
I have a "tele-health" appointment with a physical therapist after labor day -- need to set up my iPad -- office computer so we can chat --
So -- to celebrate I took myself to the cabin and sewed, read, napped the day away -- so very quiet out there -- once the fog (real fog) lifted the boat traffic picked up -- and it was simply a gorgeous evening --
big words .. for an issue with my left ear -- most likely from an inner ear infection -- that I may or may not have had any symptoms ... so, the day the spinning happened it might have been veritgo -- or it might not have been vertigo.
I have homework therapy which will most likely increase the symptoms as my brain "recalibrates" itself.
It was a really informative appointment at the Dizzy and Balance Center -- I had hearing tests up the wazoo -- lots of hearing tests -- like sitting in a spinning chair while following the red dot ... in goggles -- blowing cold and warm air into my ear to recreate a floating sensation -- weird peeps, really weird. Then after a lunch break -- the physical therapist took over -- she couldn't make me dizzy -- she tried -- I stood in a harness on a moving platform and the tube around me moved ... weird ... I did loose my balance while standing on one foot -- arms crossed and my eyes closed. I'm thinking before all of this -- I would fall over then too ...
I have a "tele-health" appointment with a physical therapist after labor day -- need to set up my iPad -- office computer so we can chat --
So -- to celebrate I took myself to the cabin and sewed, read, napped the day away -- so very quiet out there -- once the fog (real fog) lifted the boat traffic picked up -- and it was simply a gorgeous evening --
No comments:
Post a Comment