12 years ago today -- seems like a lifetime ago ... more than 12 if one adds the years of fuzziness
I am grateful to have grown up with an extended family that was ( is, are ) close -- multi-generations, all sizes, all shapes ( grin ) all kinds of occupations ...
Grandma was the crafty, gardening grandma .. crochet without a written pattern -- seriously -- gardened most of her life -- because they had to -- and because she enjoyed the beauty
Hoed watermelons with the best of 'em -- fed a lot of people over the decades .. and canned a heap of 7 day sweet pickles -- dyed them dark green too ... ( it's been 20 years since I've had one )

I had to look back to remember -- Cousin Jack Dranttel lost his battle early yesterday / late Monday -- dementia/Alzheimer's is such an awful disease ...
Jack was in St Peter at the time grandma passed -- I remember visiting with him in the halls of the Grandview Hilton and him telling me what a blessing it was to celebrate her passing/life with us and be present for all of it ... well, Jack -- we will celebrate you this week -- we're aren't in Florida but we will celebrate you ---

No comments:
Post a Comment