Monday, July 5, 2021

Independence Day

 


I really like the flag pole Lee got for the dock -- the dock moved out on Saturday and all the related stuff had to move too.  The flag pole has a solar light on it ... and it telescopes up and down ... I ordered one for the elders for their birthday/anniversary ... it's pretty cool.


The fireworks were directly across the lake from us.  We sat on our beach and enjoyed every moment - or most of them.  The north neighbors had a houseful of drunk 30 year olds.  16 of them -- by Sunday night I was a bit tired of them - 


The fireworks lasted for 45 minutes -- then it was a fast clean up / bag up the trash and bug out for home -- I would have stayed but the neighbors were winding up for more chaos.  I need sleep and it was still hot.  

I was the only person working on our block of 3rd street today -- seriously -- the only soul.  I actually think I got a lot done.  I have a project pile for Robyn, a bunch of Q's are done, most of the Q's are done, tried to tame my email inbox, if that is ever possible.  Finally got my truck to the car wash at Kwik Trip -- the Speedway car wash is the pits -- I've moved to the south end for the wash.  Truck looks nice - clean -- a lot of gravel roads lately.  

No comments: