23 years ago I bought this old house ... 3 years ago I blogged about it ... I always blog about stuff.
Last week, I met with a building contractor for exterior work on this old house .. the take aways from our walkabout --- 1) "this was an expensive house to build" and "it's really well built" .. which translates in Marie speak to 2) expensive to repair. I am so lucky to have this building it has suited my needs really well over the last 23 years .. my desk is now situated so that I look north towards my first office -- where I spent the first 15 years of my working career ...
The contractor was impressed that Chaska brick was used to build this house evidently that is rare ... okay ... I googled Chaska Brick it is kind of a big deal ... see #2 above "expensive to repair" .. they will also be fixing soffits/facia/molding and a complete exterior repaint. Ka Ching!
38 years of this stuff. I'm feeling old today -- I volunteered at produced distribution and actually lived to tell about it ... by the end of 3 hours my feet/knees were burning. my cheeks were pink and I needed a beverage/bathroom. I left and went home for a shower and prepped for my next meeting.




No comments:
Post a Comment