Sunday, October 13, 2024

change ...


change is definitely in the air .. frost is in the forecast ... I'm so not ready for it -- I like 80' and days with 14 hours of daylight.  I need to learn to embrace the upcoming darkness -- the struggle is real.  All of the "working life" has been spent working long hours during the days of darkness and as I age -- a) i hate work and b) i hate darkness.  an issue for sure.

mom and i went to the cabin for supper last night --- turkey/bacon/cheese on toasted marble rye -- comfort food ... with choc chip cookies for snacks .. we got out there after 3 .. it was really nice -- nicer than I expected ... we stayed thru the sunset 

this lone pontoon drifted past -- slowly


the leaves are changing fast and falling faster


the dock is on the bank, the pontoon is home, the wave runner never made it out there 
seems like the story of my life lately 

what did i accomplish this summer ...

1. mowed the grass every other day
2.  kept up with laundry 
3.  spent time at the lake -- even 2 over nights 
4.  got to canada
5.  finished up a lot of tax returns - weird ones
6.  a lot of county meetings
7. a lot of doctor appointments
8.  200+/- tires got to recycling
9. for fun I have read a lot ... 
(just finished the new Patrica Cornwall) 
(it's predictable)
10.  hmmmm  

I'm whining and that is not nice 


updates:
11.  saw the northern lights -- 4 times (and maybe tonight)
12.  conquered the dizzies and drove to Canada !!





 


No comments: