Monday, July 14, 2014

Projects.





Next Project cut out and laid out and this morning I sewed the hunks in rows ... fuzzy phone picture ...




So I was hand sewing buttons on little girl dresses tonight and in my thread box I found these treasures .. spools from Grandma D's thread stash.  Note the price ... the yellow one in front is actually a styro-foam spool and the pink one is wood, ya, wood.

So today was kind of a day of rest ... although some projects were completed.  I spent an hour with the vac in the basement ... Lori cut my hair (it's fabulous!) and Mom and I went to Mankato for a spot of shopping and lunch.  $115 later at Office Max probably isn't a "spot" of shopping.  

Someone needs to explain to me why scotch tape is so expensive.  Ditto, calendars -- It's July and I'm purchasing the 2015 appointment calendar.  

So, bugs be damned -- I went for a walk.  I have cabin fever and need to move.  I used Dad's homemade bug spray -- 1 part mouthwash, 1 part vanilla and 1 part water sprayed from a bottle.  And I followed up with "deep woods off" ... I was quite fragrant by the time I was done.  Worked.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Love those vintage spools - so cute !