to play ... truly.
So that day was not --- yesterday .... the forecast was for rain ... and it rained, a lot.
So, I went to the office and worked most of the day ... yeppers, worked. It always amazes me how much I can actually start and complete with no phones ringing, peeps walking in or even just the normal weekday street sounds.
I was so productive -- that I came home for a 4:00 nap/break/meal and went back to work. It wasn't all work and no play this week. Because the freeking gnats are still awful -- I've been stuck indoors ...
So that day was not --- yesterday .... the forecast was for rain ... and it rained, a lot.
So, I went to the office and worked most of the day ... yeppers, worked. It always amazes me how much I can actually start and complete with no phones ringing, peeps walking in or even just the normal weekday street sounds.
I was so productive -- that I came home for a 4:00 nap/break/meal and went back to work. It wasn't all work and no play this week. Because the freeking gnats are still awful -- I've been stuck indoors ...
this pile of fabric got chopped up into quilt blocks ... ready to piece
this beauty got
quilted on Saturday night --- it wasn't all work yesterday!!!!
The grand debate all week long was which color thread to use .. I went with a pale Apricot from Connecting Threads ... blended in beautifully ... it's an all over scroll/swirl and swoops -- my favorite. I sped up the stitch speed and it seems to be smoother ...
and this creature continues to wreak havoc.
In addition to the quilt above ... all 5 quilt tops I pieced or finished piecing over the holiday weekend got quilted -- the long arm was just a humming all week long ... granted, 4 of the 5 were crib quilts but .... now it's on to the bindings. The binding pile is huge!
Today is a haircut, laundry, binding and a whole lot of weeding !!!
Yeppers, a day of rest and relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment