Saturday, August 15, 2020

ah weekends ...

  someday, I'll be one of those peeps who gets to do nothing on weekends.  seriously, nothing, nada, nope, do nothing ....

  I worked until 5:00 on Friday -- I should not whine.  I had work to do.  That is okay and I had a no radio, no TV, no distraction work day -- I think I got a lot done.  It stormed -- we missed all the action and for that I am grateful.  It was dark, the lightening was cool and it rained

 At 6:00am I started a load of laundry and did the tidying of the bedroom -- packed my tote bag of projects for the cabin -- the food, stopped at the office and got the milk, paper, paper towels and new toilet cleaning brush -- some of those items are important.

 We got out there and the skeeters were fierce, really fierce.  The floors got cleaned (inside and out), the counters washed down, lunch went in the crockpot -- and I started my projects.  I shortened 2 maxi dresses the first one 8" and the second 12" (both were Target deals :)).  I also hemmed a pair of fleece pants -- I took a maxi skirt out and decided not to shorten it -- it's ankle length and with tall boots should be okay.

  At 1:30, we had a date to check out another cabin.  This one on middle -- it was super cute, seemed roomier that the Maple Dr joint.  Steps to the water -- 23 steps to the water -- not as bad as our current hill, but 23 steps.  Beautiful landscaping.  Bedrooms were nice sized, bathtub, washer/dryer -- nice big windows in all of the rooms.

  And when I got Mom home -- I went back to town -- mowed the lawn, pulled weeds in one flower bed and damn near died. ---- I'm too old and to fat for this shit.  My shower has revived me somewhat -- but I think I'll be in pain by morning.  Advil before bed might be needed.  The foot with the achilles tendon issue is barking -- it always barks but after mowing it gets a bit angry. 😏

  I'm home now and am moving documents from my old cracked surface pro to my new not cracked surface pro.  I have a couple of work project on thumb drives to keep my busy tomorrow.  It never ends.

 I keep reminding myself busy pays the bills ..

No comments: