Wednesday, December 30, 2020

12/30/20. One more day

 




yep, it snowed .... I have a new snow plow dude, elder #1 retired from the job -- although #1 was up before me and asked "do I need to plow your snow this morning"  no, Ryan came at 2:15 am and set off the alarms -- I need to turn off the volume on my phone during snow events.  


I snapped this one about 9:00pm Tuesday night ... all is calm in the entertainment district during a mandated pandemic shutdown.  I can't imagine what that feels like -- our self imposed closed door policy is irking people.  I think the neighbors serve take out between 4 - 8 ... and deliver ... 

elder #1 updated his tablet and lost his gmail account --- damn, none of us could remember the password -- well an hour later I think I got it .... 

spent most of last night surfing the internet -- loaded up on the library books via the "overdrive" account it's kind of a weird system -- you "check out" the book and then it directs you to kindle to download the book and it sucks it off your device when the time is up ...  I'm getting some variety ... Christmas Day, I downloaded ( is that one word) "The Thorn Birds" .. I hopscotched my way thru it ... it's been at least 15 years since I read it ...  every summer I used to read/re-read "Gone with the Wind" .. I have a hard cover version that was my Grandparents -- it's in tatters by now -- 

I found a 31" tall plant stand to anchor the drop box onto -- and I found a cheep bedframe at Home Depot -- I think my cabin bed is going to be a 'bed-in-a-box' gizmo -- time will tell -- I received gift cards for Christmas for purchasing "cabin stuff" .. 

my friends at Amazon are delivering yet another webcam -- who knew I'd need 5 of the buggers.  Zoomed most of the last 2 days with clients.


No comments: