I went to the cabin -- holy bat cats -- ice in 7 days -- fairly smooth ice ... I did not walk out on it but it did not crack when I stepped on it ... a foot from shore
We bagged up two more supersized bags of leaves -- there is more to do -- Spring ..
We (Lee) put together the kitchen island -- it's kind of small but it will work somewhere -- they also brought out the box spring and bed frame -- mattress is backordered
The water heater was drained and the pipes blown out ... so no more water until April. Which translates to no flushing the toilet until April. I'll miss the toilet.
it is so weird to see the lake froze and so flat -- all the years we were on Evergreen -- I never got out there after the water was shut off -- so from October - April I never got to see the lake freezing over -- or spend time during the winter ... cannot wait to see all the changes
We've been so lucky to have October, November and now a spot of December enjoying some time away from life
I worked most of Saturday -- went back to the office after supper and back at the projects. The list is endless this time of year -- I've tried hard to stay ahead of all the projects in case I, Kate or Robyn gets sick. We'll start some cross training this week also --
The cave revamp has also started -- two bags of trash -- 3 bags of scrapbooking shit is ready to re-home and so far 3 chairs ... there will be a free pile in front of my office tomorrow. I even have an empty bookcase .. progress --- there is also a tub of empty storage tubs/cases/things. The end of the revamp is a total reconfiguration of the "stuff" ... I've been playing with graph paper and cutouts of furniture -- dang that long arm is a space sucker.
The other highlight of the day -- I did my Christmas gift card shopping $ 1100 and 25 minutes later I finished. Trinket shopping is next.



No comments:
Post a Comment