Sunday, August 4, 2024

august

    August - the month of change.  We're losing daylight ... 

    Since Dad died - I've used early weekend mornings for a spot of quiet time.  I've always been an early riser -- but now early weekend mornings are Marie time.  4:30/5:00 starts are my normal workweek start times and now it's weekends too -- mind you on weekends -- I don't always work -- but laundry, putting away clean dishes, life planning -- all the things.  

    I've begun to use the early starts for reading both newspapers, dashing out the undone crossword puzzles, surfing the internet -- fun surfing, catching up on research reading.  The cheap laptop and I are generally sitting in the recliner watching to sunrise, the deer creeping under the apple trees and the hum of the washing machine.  

     And when I'm really tired -- I fall asleep in the recliner.  I aways have a cup of coffee and a treat.  It is truly me time. 


    I had hoped to be more "indoor productive" during last weeks heat wave.  Not sure if that goal was accomplished.  I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday night mowing -- I went to the office yesterday morning -- things got done - I did finish piecing a quilt top too.  Hot weather and Olympics -- 

August is shaping up to be super busy so I work when there is work.  This week is multiple client meetings, doctor appointments, a full tour of the State Hospital Complex ( all day 3.5 walking miles all facilities) and the fair.  

    Time just seems to speed past me .... someday I'll truly feel caught up enough to stop and enjoy a few more little moments.


No comments: