I went chasing the Northern Lights again last night ... the facebook wizards said just after sunset -- well -- 9:30, I drove out the field road and parked behind the house. The hay crew had just picked up the bales ... so at least the grass was short .. the coyotes were yipping ...
then I came back to the house ( sitting in my nightgown and barefoot next to a cornfield with yipping coyotes was a little weird - no coffee or snacks either :) ) and stood on the deck for this one ... I think it's more light reflection from the yard lights than the aura borealis but it's cool
we have a family trip planned to Canada - the Canadian side of Rainy Lake -- I'm hoping for clear nights and a lot of Northern Lights -- I'm not looking forward to the drive ....14 hours of driving -- 7 each way ... argh.
spied this quote this morning while reading the paper -- things to think about today on Primary Election Day .. although our primary races are rather one dimensional .. as in - no primary races .
On Nov. 5, 1984, Reagan addressed the nation the night before the presidential election. He said:
“This election offers us the clearest choice in many years: whether we go forward together with courage, confidence and common sense, making America strong again, or turn back to policies that weakened our economy, diminished our leadership in the world and reversed America’s long-revered tradition of progress.”
Forty years later, I am making the clearest choice I’ve had in any election. I, too, choose to go forward together with courage, confidence and common sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment