Sunday, September 13, 2026

and so it ends (quasi)




  On our pontoon ride yesterday I snapped pix .. not knowing it was the 2nd to the last ride of the season -- I had an inkling but ... alas .. today was the end of the season for the pontoon and the waverunner -- the others are busy for the next couple of weeks soooo... and the dock comes out at the end of the month ... 

  Mom and I went out yesterday morning -- I started the day with a dizzy spell .. took drugs, calmed it down and we started for the lake ..

-- we got as far as the neighbors and she forgot something -- so back home we went
-- we stopped at McD's for beverages and breakfast sandwiches for lunch (more to come)
    the iced tea was sweet tea -- so back to McD's we go ... remember I'm unbalanced to begin with
-- got the proper tea .. and stopped at office for a missing file 
-- finally got to the lake -- 

-- and a couple hours later the rest of the tribe arrived .. 
we had a late afternoon ride -- supper and I came home to feed those damn cats .. always those damn cats... 

this morning -- it was chilly .. we took a last long slow cruise -- I didn't realize it until we got back it was the last long slow cruise -- mom stayed behind she thought it was too cold.  and it might have been, so the packing up and cleaning up for the season has begun .. 

I have a 2 day conference this week -- I was hoping at the midday break to pick up mom and spend the afternoons out there .. I've got the internet whipped.  But she has chiro and dermatology appointments -- this was supposed to be the week I went to Bemidji as well .. so it's wait for the weekend and go to the lake .. with no boats -- which really doesn't bother me .. just need my sun, water, calmness 

In the chaos of my everyday life -- it has become the place I go to get away from everything .. 
Spring and a pontoon ride are merely 8 1/2 months away .. 
I got it 
one way or another 



 

No comments: