Friday, September 6, 2013

letting go

   as I posted on waste book (face book) last night ... gave elder #1 the directive -- mow the shit down.  

   So, the north end of the patch will be history shortly.  I pulled the row markers, odd flags and posts and he's going to chop it up.  the. end. 

   I picked a few decent looking melons out of there -- 5, to be exact.  The rest are sun burnt, nibbled, and/or cooking on the vine.  Let 'em go.  If I can't have them the deer won't get 'em either.  I picked a few squash that appeared to be bug free.  Appearances can be deceiving. 

  The forecast calls for 3 more 90' days in the next 5 ... so .... let the clean up/clean out  begin.

  Most likely, the end of an era.


M

 
footprints in the sand -- pretty much sums up the season

I was trying to find my favorite patch picture.


 
not feeling the love in any of these!
 
 
 

 
 






1 comment:

Shay said...

Sounds like Summer hasnt got the memo yet - isnt it supposed to be over?