"you never have to worry about fabric fitting your arse" ... so true, Mrs. P, so true ....
Shay left a comment on my blog post yesterday! I was feeling guilty about my fabric purchase ... no longer. From today forward I'll have the grins with every yard!
I actually used fabric last night. Since by 7:00 pm it's dark enough to be driven indoors -- I hit the sewing machine -- another UFO finished, and am working on the chopped up layercake project. The layercake project seems to be a lot of sewing ---
1 layer cake --- cut 3 1/2 inch strip from each layer -- make 2 piles
Flip one pile over and sew back together 1 from each pile .... don't
think about them just sew.
When done sewing all of them -- cut them in half and make 2 new piles.
Sew back together -- again one from the top and one from the bottom.
Viola! Quilt block.
I jotted down the pattern from a blog tutorial and didn't write down the blog address. Anyhow -- 42 8 or 9" blocks eventually arrive. I'm to the point of sewing them into rows. I saw the idea on CrazyMom's Finish it Up Friday Linky Party.
I also started watching the Voice for the first time -- actually listened since the TV is too far away to see without glasses ... back to Downton Abbey on the DVD's tonight.
M
1 comment:
I'm glad I could be of service in enabling your fabric addiction!
Watched the Aussie version of The Voice last year and loved it - then you Americans stole Keith Urban back for American Idol and Aussie Voice wasn't anywhere near as good this year.
Post a Comment