Saturday, September 7, 2013

yep, call in the professionals

 
 Bob and his crew started the landscaping project at the office -- they hauled away 5 pickup truckloads of brush -- it was pretty awful looking -- I'm surprised the City weed patrol had not issued me a citation.  Ya, we have a weed patrol.  They aren't done yet -- but the big shit is gone.  They'll be back on a semi-regular basis ... mowing too. 
 
I garden part - time for money -- and I hire someone to mow....
 

Friday night -- picked and ready for market an odd assortment of watermelons -- the end of the first crop ... and squash the beginning ... and a few pumpkins


 
it was a beautiful morning until the sun got up fully and it was 90' -- with no wind and a whole lot of humidity -- I'm amazed I didn't get sick ... I was well hydrated -- I had a McD's stop for breakfast -- sandwich and 2 large ice teas ... I had also packed a quart of drinking water and a frozen quart of drinking water ...
 
 
I have fancy table runners for my tables ... pretty, washable and heavy enough that they do not blow in the wind. 
 
I hear the call of the Bernina ... where are you ..... I miss you ... been dreaming of quilt patterns since my new quilt magazine arrived.  Such is life.
 
Stay cool and safe .. it's nasty out there.  2 years ago we had frost on this day ....

1 comment:

Shay said...

I think hiring someone to mow is just smart thinking !