I am such an emotional sap!
I will never tire of this view ... this quiet little bay is a special place
and the cabin on top of the hill
when the pandemic first became a new reality Mom said "thank God you have that cabin -- we'll have somewhere to go this summer" ... and we've been there almost every weekend since mid - May -- we might have skipped a day here and there -- rain, cold, too hot ... but every weekend and a couple of weeknights ... it was somewhere to go with no people ...
the introvert in me likes that -- hanging out in the quiet bay
I'd like to think I found myself -- but finding self is a constant work in progress
the only way to grow is to keep searching -- I did a lot of thinking on that deck ...
as excited as we are for the new digs ... when they become ours ... I'm going to miss this little cabin on the hill, in the quiet bay with the really nice ( and equally quiet ) neighbors
we told our landlords today -- that we were leaving --
they too are excited for us -- and told us they enjoyed having us
I've always appreciated that they let us do "our thing" without a lot of "rules"
seriously it was a great 6 years ...
I found this post from closing up in 2015 and it described our first summer here as the best summer ever .. I remember leaving that day and couldn't wait to return in Spring ...
No comments:
Post a Comment