I shared this picture on wastebook yesterday -- on the office page ... 9/11 the anniversary of 9/11 .. the world was falling apart ( or what at that time -- was falling apart ) and I closed on the purchase of my office "house" ... this old house is now a 125 years old and I've owned it for 19.
I remember thinking that day --- post-closing and the community closed up -- wth -- I just committed to a 30 year mortgage and .... the world was going to hell.
Fast forward 19 years -- I hate debt. Said mortgage was gone in 12 years -- thanks to a banker that convinced me a variable interest rate was a good alternative ... and knew my dislike of debt ...
I enjoy my commissioner work -- it has reinforced and opened my eyes to how our part of the world spins ... we are do damn lucky to live here ... we care about each other ...
And now -- the CABIN purchase -- I think we are getting really excited now ! Lee is working on dock extensions -- boat life modifications -- hired someone to remove the dock this fall ( frankly, that surprised me) ... as been chatting with mediacomm for cable and tv ..
excited and giddy --- we're too old for giddy ....
I made some office decisions last week .. and it was difficult -- I've had a wonderful relationship with this organization and their people -- but .... I'm going to miss the interactions with them.
later alligators ...

No comments:
Post a Comment