Covid -- I hate the freaking word. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I tend to watch the Dept of Health and Governor Walz briefings. It is scary shit.
I keep thinking that I'm doing everything I can do to be safe. But I've come to accept -- no matter how careful and cautious I am in my actions -- it will happen.
I haven't ate in a restaurant since February, the only store I've been to on a regular basis is the grocery store and I go there at 6:00 am. I've been to Target to return something, ditto Kohls. I go to the drive up at the bank -- only went in to sign loan papers. The haircut lady comes to the office -- I pay for gas at the pump -- I have been to Walgreens -- early am when Mom has her quack appointment.
I have had food delivered or had take out from every restaurant in town -- some are better than others .. it has been fun to sample their offerings.
I voted by mail :) ...
I shop on line for stuff -- I always have. It is bizarre to order instant tea from Amazon -- none at the grocery store this week -- 6 jars at a time and less expensive .. the UPS and Fed Ex dudes make regular stops --
I attend in person meetings only when necessary and follow protocols -- I hate the mask, but I wear the damn things ... all the time.
I cancelled my weekend jaunt -- crafting with the girls .. I'll craft at home ...
I give thanks daily for our summer at the cabin -- first the treehouse rental and our own happy space -- I'd be nuts by now without having a place to go -- now that it is cold again -- I'm struggling I feel like I live in a bubble and my bubble is wobbling --
Everyone's bubble is wobbling -- time for the pitty party to end .. there are many many others that have it worse than I ...
I signed up for testing tomorrow -- Nicollet County is hosting a mass testing event. All are encouraged to attend and get tested.
No comments:
Post a Comment