This was the picture on my office Christmas card ... the message
Thankfully this crazy year is behind us!
I think we made it!
Cheers to 2022 - bring it on ...
only one person guessed correctly -- the southbound side of a northbound mama cardinal
It's been a weird day -- up before the crack of dawn -- work projects, off to the office ... had a chat with the dog walking neighbor, grocery store, work, gas station, back home ... finished the family Christmas cards, snack, nap and I'm back to the computer.
Neighbor was surprised I was headed back to work. Well, peeps, I'm self employed, I don't earn weekends off, paid holidays, PTO or any of the other lovelies others earn -- I don't work, I don't get paid is the drill -- after 36 years my family understands.
I've really been working a lot to get ahead -- if nothing else this pandemic has taught me to be ready for anything -- so today when I was reviewing the "to do" list for December --
👉 all of the payroll taxes are paid
👉 two sales tax filings remain
👉 two sets of client financial statements
👉 1099 packets are out
this week's projects included
💧 year end packets for corporate/partnership clients
💧 finalizing 1040 client packets
💧 engagement letters for financial statement clients
a couple of county meetings
pre tax planning for a slug of farmers
a good office cleaning - still need to find someone
more shoveling - it won't melt fast enough.
I won't feel totally caught up and on top of life until May -- I have a love/hate relationship with our timelines and workloads -
No comments:
Post a Comment