Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Today


I'm a crazy old woman.
One calendar tracks my hours working, mowing the grass and time at the lake.
One calendar tracks the steps on my fitbit.
darn, I've been good in 2021 -- 340 days of fitbitting ... my fitbit died in May and I had a 10 day period of waiting for the new one.  
crazy, I'm just crazy.


here's my other important "book" .. I started jotting notes in March of 2020 - the day I became an essential - non-essential person -- the day the covid shit show began -- I was pretty good jotting a sentence or two everyday and tapered off as I got stressed or busy -- it is odd to look back -- and then look ahead .. 



Today's list of accomplishments:

1.  I told a client -- "I cannot do this"  hardest words ever and I know it will have large repercussions but I just can't be everything to everyone any longer.  Hardest words ever.  Nothing like irking an attorney.

2.  I just told another client " you need to get your shit together" .. seriously, this one was sending me over the edge -- and they need to get their shit together.  How do I know what they paid and when they paid -- prove it honey -- argh.

3.  I found out yesterday a favorite client is dying and soon - tax planning for the "soon to leave this earth" is unsettling, but necessary -- I don't like it. I've said it before and will say it again -- have nothing when you leave this earth -- it's a whole lot less complicated.  

4. Working for a couple hours in the cave this evening.  Starting my 1099's -- so far so good.  Then again most of them have only 1 per client.  Start small and finish big.


 


No comments: