Sunday, September 24, 2023

7 months today


the end is near ... 
next week the dock moves ashore


   I'm the one who tracks numbers, dates, anniversaries, birthdays .. well, today is seven months since Dad died .. seven rough months - seven good months - seven long months.   I know I wasn't prepared even though I was preparing .. in seven months, I've ..

1. plowed a little snow
2. mowed a lot of freaking grass
3. worked a lot (what else is new)
4. cleaned out 1/2 a building
5. put gas in every vehicle way to many times
6. cleanout out the shit in the garage, porch and basement
        hoarder.
7. found some treasures 
8. haven't found the "million $ watermelon seeds"
9. been disappointed
10. been hurt 
11. hauled mom everywhere 
12. cooked a lot of meals and cleaned a lot of house
13. moved all of the house furniture at least once if not twice
14. power washed that damn deck
15. learned that grief has many forms


what I haven't done --

1.  traded vehicles ... yet ..
2.  graded the road
3.  had any time alone away from everyone
        i need my space - it seems it's gone 
4.  remember to feed the birds regularly
5.  mowed with the tractor with confidence
6.  taken a vacation
7.  shopped in a regular store -- no time anymore
8.  lost my temper ..

and in the next seven months ..

I'm not going to sweat the small and large things -- it's all out of my control anyway .. it's never been in my control .. here's hoping it is 

1.  a brown winter with no ice
2.  no computer issues
3.  no sickness issues
4.  a vacation somewhere -- a mini one would be nice.
5.  gas prices go down
6.  the mowing fairy finishes out the year ( one can dream) .



edit: 
I ended my pity party and got to work ... moved some furniture back into the bedrooms -- we need to repaint where the baseboards were -- the new flooring is shorter than the old .. and well, it needs to be painted so -- we're making do for a while .. it's a busy week on Daisy Lane.  

Nick and Lee moved the "doghouse" and cat beds into the new cat shack .. it's a palace compared to the old one .. and of course #2 has a list of shit for me to do.  it never ends.

Clients are getting nervous about the upcoming October 15th deadline for extended returns.  Some of them .. most are not ... 

We got this.  
I'll keep rambling ...


 

No comments: