Thursday, September 21, 2023

Wednesday Night Lights

 

so, in my work/life/balance struggles and just dealing with life -- I'm always see the glass half full -- or really try to -- it occurred to me yesterday, that a big anniversary was happening this week ... the best COVID thing we did happened in 2020 ..


my life is crazy -- i know that -- I try hard to even it out .. I'm not succeeding very well lately -- yesterday was heaven -- no phone calls (only one telemarketer) -- toured the Hwy 14 project with the MnDOT project engineer ... they got a long way to go ...

got a lot of work done .. felt good ... then went home and fetched Mom -- we went to the cabin for supper -- we've done that a lot -- it's closer than Mankato ... it was a gorgeous night 


today is equally nice but - tonight is the final emptying of the bedrooms ... new floors arrived tomorrow -- engineered hardwoods -- because engineered laminates weren't available until April and frankly, I don't know the difference.  new floors .. her bed is moving to the living room ... and my bed will be in pieces .. it shouldn't take long ... then .... then ....

most of the house projects will be done ... I'm going to assume sometime this winter the living room/hallway carpet will be replaced --- there is a punch list of little things but those too will get done - eventually ... 

need a break from chaos ...
recharging batteries


 

         




No comments: