Friday, August 29, 2025

uf da -- TGIF -- end of August

 

    End of the week, end of the month and according to some - the end of summer.   August has been the craziest month of months.  

This week: 
    monday was eye doctor, software training and lake sunset 
    tuesday was board meeting/ditch gig shit shows/school supply sorting
    wednesday was an ugly budget workshop
    thursday was birthday supper and an er trip
    today -- I'm overtired and crabby

Sickness and disease arrived 10 days ago and worked it's way thru to Mom -- after 2 1/2 hours of coughing and difficulty breathing I took her to er last night    ... er = doesn't mean fast service --  per the doctor -- the chest xrays took over an hour to get read --. so 4 hours after arriving -- she had a nebulizer treatment, a new rescue inhaler, 2 prescriptions and released to home -- even let her walk out ... less coughing, no gasping for air, sleep and better color 

Tuesday -- I helped with the school supply back pack program -- a fleet of volunteers sorted out and organized school supplies for 700 backpacks and Wednesday another fleet stuffed them and distributed them out to parents -- it was fun -- many hands make light work.  

the plan is lake time this weekend -- I was hoping to go today yet, but that won't be happening -- too much office chaos so far and .. I need to prep cook a few things and decide on the projects

my favorite quilting magazine arrived as did my etsy fabric -- so I think that is project #2 -- batik maple leaf blocks with w/white tonal backgrounds .. #1 is a turning twenty from my tula pink wild fat quarters .. #3 is hemming 3 pairs of pants.

I need to spend a couple of hours on the lawn mower too .. 'cause that shit never goes away ... 


Cheers to a healthier, calm, relaxing weekend!





No comments: