Jean and I closed up the happy place today -- I've been loading out most of the month of September -- last weekend (when the water was shut off) I packed up the groceries and paper goods, etc. and today they got hauled home -- the remaining deck furniture and the grill are in -- the fridge is off and defrosted -- the floors are vacuumed and swept (no water no scrubbing) .. we walked down to the boathouse to check things out ...
The fall views are pretty. The leaves are turning quick -- most of the boats are in and many of the docks are pulled in.
The view from my "now in storage" lawn chair." I've been in this chair every Sunday morning since May 15th .. I already have w/drawl issues. Agrh. I'll now put my "big girl" panties on and quit whining.
Our shack on the hill -- see you on April 16th! No snow and have the water turned on.
So summer is over -- back to working weekends in 2 1/2 months the days start to get longer ! I've decided December 21st -- the winter solstice should be a holiday -- I need my sunshine and daylight.
Well, I need a lot of things but starting out with more sunshine and daylight is probably a good request.



No comments:
Post a Comment