karl the ice chipping guy arrived today .. it was icier and higher than he was comfortable with so ... parts of it got chipped, scrapped and knocked down.
i have decided to do this project one must be young and dumb. nuts is more like it...i stopped watching it was just too scary for this old, conservative diva to witness. although i was running the shovel behind him -- the piles of ice got hard really fast.
i got home and nick had done the farm house roof but left piles on my freshly shoveled decks. the piles are hard so i'll be chipping away for days . . . it is character building!!!
2 comments:
I hope Karl the roofman gets paid well..he needs danger money with a job like that.
The more I hear about all the things associated with snow the less appealing I think it is.
Keep it up!
Thank God for people like Karl, the roofman. And for chimney sweeps. We once had a 2 story house with a wood burning furnace. The sweep was a young guy who went up on the roof and then climbed up onto top of the chimney! He stood there for awhile as he smoked a cigarette! No ropes! I couldn't watch. We paid him very well.
Post a Comment