Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day of 2010 ....

  I must be aging.  I would have never thought 2010 would have sped past at record pace.  Truly, where has the year gone.  Every year I dash out my new years resolutions, print 'em and post 'em on my office wall and every 12/31 the old comes down and go into my daily calendar and get filed away ... I even made the list of 25 things to do before I turned 50 .... only hit a couple of them.  Better start the 50 things before 60 list -- that will give me 9 years and 10 months to actually get 'em done.

So, here's this years version!!!

1.   I will not to complain about the weather.  God has his reasons and evidently it's not for me to know.
2.   I will walk daily.  Truly.  A couple of blocks is better than nothing.  move, move, move.
3.   I will to spend at least one night at the sewing machine.  even when life is very busy.  an
                   addendum -- not to purchase any more fabric ... or at least track how much I actually use.
4.   I will  finish reading the Harry Potter series.  If they can get the movies done I can get the books read.
5.   I will not to trade off the car until it's paid off.  Seriously, it's not prudent to trade off a vehicle
                  that you still owe on the loan.  Dumb.
6.   There will be some sort of vacation in my world.  Maybe one mini one a month.
                  the zoo, Duluth, the lake, a weekend in the City, a ballgame
7.   The clean desk and organized office ... just gotta happen.
8.   I will not lose my glasses any more. 
9.   I will ride the bike to work in the summer.
10. Gotta learn one new thing a day. 

  So there it is peeps, THE 2011 LIST -- hold me to them.  I might even start the Harry Potter #6 tonight .. and squeeze in a little time at the sewing machine.


3 comments:

gz said...

It is a good list! Enjoy yourself fulfilling it!!

All the best for 2011

Marie said...

Thanks gz! I will --- for once it's and "easy to accomplish" list...stay warm!

Shay said...

I've given up pretending I wont buy fabric. Ive made a resolution to continue to buy everything I see.

Snap! I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment!

I hope you achieve all of the things on your list. (I like the one about sewing ..I sew pretty much every week - but maybe I need to have an official sewing night as well~)

Ive enjoyed reaading your antics during 2010, and look forward to sharing 2011 with you.

Happy New Year Marie!