Sunday, December 12, 2010

stitching diva

  being snowed in does have it's advantages ... lots of quality time at the sewing machine.  i got to the office this morning -- the drifts were larger than bessie could handle so ... fergie came to town to clean off my sidewalk .... it's just the pits out there ...

the neighbors across the street are for sale -- they're moving to a new building ...

the beginning of the heap - I always worry he's going to wipe out my 100 year old fence

sewing project #1 -- a window warmer -- the binding was sewing on (by machine) and i hung it when i got back after lunch and shoveling -- i kind of like the stained glass look. i managed to get another one quilted yesterday -- ready for binding tonight.  and I have one more pieced and ready to baste ... that will make 6 of 'em this summer and fall ... there is only 12 windows downstairs so i'm 1/2 done.

okay, the ugly rug in the middle window's just gotta go ... but with howling north winds it does the trick -- yes I have a mess on my file cabinet and bookshelf -- but "I can find everything" -- so I told Mrs. H when I couldn't find something -- and Mrs. H I still have not found it .. but hey the basement lights decided to work on Friday!  The joys of an old shack. 

stay warm peeps -- it's going to be an awful week.
Diva

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The window warmers are beautiful! Would you consider doing a tutorial?

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of a window warmer. Are they quilted? I would be interested in learning more about them. The ones in your photos are very pretty.

Shay said...

They do look like stained glass...so pretty! Curiosity also has the better of me - not that I'm ever likely to need window warmers , but it seems you have a lot of people interested!

Time to share...